Safety is therefore part of every P&G product. Yet P&G are also committed to developing innovations that meet consumers’ needs at all times. P&G are also on a drive to sustainability, aiming to lower our footprint, and reduce the impact on the environment and human health.
P&G understands many of its products can raise concerns and interest wider populations. When there are common interests, P&G’s positions, commitments and visions, on various topics, are clearly stated.
Consumer safety: protecting people
Detergents and cleaning products have contributed to great improvements in human health and hygiene over the last several centuries, but safety when laundering clothes is also important. As with all widely used products that provide wide-scale benefits to consumers, we need to be attentive to the risks when it comes to laundry room safety. Some potential concerns include:
- How do we assess safety when doing laundry and the risks to human health from using detergents?
- How are consumers or workers exposed to laundry products? What levels are safe?
- Do detergents lead to skin irritation, allergies or sensitization?
- Do products containing enzymes raise any special concerns?
- Are fabric softeners, like Downy, safe for people with sensitive skin (including infants)?